Name Change In India
We are lawyers in Delhi NCR and providing Name Change Services in all over India. With our services you can easily correct or edit change completely your name/surname or can make corrections in your name or surname in your documents. We provide hassle-free door step service at convenience of your home.
What is Name Change ?
नाम परिवर्तन क्या है ?
Name change generally refers to the legal act by a person of adopting a new name different from their current name.
Are you afraid of following ?
क्या आप इन समस्याओं से परेशान है ।
Error in name on Aadhar Card, Voter I’d Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Pan Card, Rashan Card, Bank Accounts etc.
Error in name on Educational Documents.
Change of Surname after marriage of women.
Divorce women want to change her surname from Ex-husband to her paternal.
Any spelling errors in Documents.
For Adoption purposes.
For any religion change purpose.
Due to spelling errors in different documents, the government department is putting objections on some services or govt. benefits.
Reason for Name Change
नाम परिवर्तन क्यों कराया जाता है ।
- Marriage or civil partnership.
- Adoption, or marriage of a custodial parent
- Divorce or estrangement of parents.
- Immigration / adaptation of the name to a different language or script
- To evade the law or a debt or commit fraud
- To avoid a stalker or harassment
- Religious conversion and/or de conversion, ordination or return to lay status
- To choose a surname associated with a hobby, interest, or accomplishment (e.g., old name Karenjit Kaur Vohra, new name Sunny Leone)
- To replace a name which might be considered undesirable with a more desirable one.
- To dissociate themselves from a famous or infamous person.
- To identify with a famous or infamous person.
- To dissociate themselves from a family black sheep.
- To dissociate themselves from an ethnic origin.
- Commercial sponsorship.
- Protest or activism.
- To change to a fictional character’s name.
- To make their name more attractive or “catchy” so as to increase their chance of success.
- To change the legal name to the one used in everyday life.
- To remove superstitious consequences of the old name.
- To better fit one’s gender identity.
Procedure for Name Change in India
A legal name change is merely the first step in the name-change process. A person must officially register the new name with the appropriate authorities whether the change was made as a result of a court order, marriage, divorce, adoption, or any of the other methods described above. The process includes notifying various government agencies, each of which may require legal proof of the name change and that may or may not charge a fee. Important government agencies to be notified include the Passport, UIDAI, Election Commission of India, and the Department of Motor Vehicles (for a new driver’s license, learner permit, state identification card, or vehicular registration). Additionally the new name must be registered with other institutions such as employers, banks, doctors, mortgage, insurance and credit card companies. Online services are available to assist in this process either through direct legal assistance or automated form processing.
Call us now !! & Book your service
We will complete all formalities and Documentation
as per Government Rules and Procedure.
in Local and National Newspaper
for declaration of Correction in Name.
You will make a visit to
The Publication House for
submitting of documents.
Get your advertisement published in Gezette of India.